CBAP V3 Preparation and Exam tips – from the latest exam takers
- Understanding the BABoK framework
- Read the CBAP study guide minimum 2/3 times and BABOK® as part of preparation
- Understanding the role of a Business Analyst from BABOK® perspective
- Review of KA (Understanding the KA and its importance/Tasks (Purpose/Description/Elements)
- Validating the understanding of KA/processes through practice questions
- Understanding the techniques and its purpose/situation
- Don’t attempt to memorize inputs/guidelines & tools/outputs for tasks. Since there are no memorization direct questions
- Don’t ignore any topic/task
- Practice the CBAP model questions from Adaptive test platform at least twice
- Schedule your exam once you are scoring about 85% consistently on the CBAP v3 mock questions
Exam and Question Pattern
- Single correct option questions.
- Questions will be mix of Case based questions and scenario based questions
- Case based questions are pretty long running to multiple pages
- No direct definition questions or questions on inputs, outputs, techniques etc which require memorization.
- Questions will be around BA techniques, be it direct questions on techniques like what technique is suited under a given situation or indirect ones used in the question in options.
- Focusing on techniques, modeling concepts and terms is important
- Numerical questions are the easy picks involving calculations on concepts like ROI requiring some basic numerical calculations based on the facts given.
Time Management is the biggest challenge as per most exam takers.
3.5 hours for 120 questions is just enough and one needs to be in he/her toes to be able to finish withing the time.
Hence the exam prep and time management tips from our classes really help in terms of which questions to take up first, how to manage time with majority of questions being case based and cases running to multiple pages, what are the techniques to be used in which case and many more such prep tips.
More information on the classes can be found on www.AdaptiveUS.com
I head global sales and operations role at Adaptive Processes.
We have grown our international business over 100% under my leadership.
I also coach and mentor business analysts in their pursuit for achieving CBAP, CCBA, ECBA and CPRE certifications.
18 years of professional experience in Software (Processes – CMMI, ISO9001, ISO27001, Statistical Process Control, SEPG.
Held positions in Phoenix Global Solutions,Infosys, Sasken and iGate. Consulted several clients including iGate, Ness, and Reach Technologies.
CMMi, ISO 9001-2008, ISO 27001, ISO 20000, BS25999, Process Consulting, Software Quality Assurance, Process Consulting, Process Definition, Process Improvement
Specialties: Requirements Management, Requirements Analysis, Requirements Engineering, Busienss Analysis, CMMi, ISO 9001-2008, ISO 27001, ISO 20000, BS 25999, Process Consulting, Software Quality Assurance, Process Consulting, Process Definition, Process Improvement
Latest posts by Ananya Pani (see all)
- CBAP V3 Preparation and Exam tips – from the latest exam takers - September 17, 2017
- I am a Project Manager should I get CBAP certified? - April 8, 2017
- How to prepare for CBAP certification in 10 simple steps - March 15, 2017